Glenala Trade Skills Centre (GTSC) is located on the Glenala State High School grounds.
The GTSC's success is a result of strong authentic planning through collaboration with the three levels of government, TAFE, industry, and the community.
The objectives of the Trade Centre are to:
- provide an “industry" standard training program which will benefit both students and industry;
- provide students who complete the Trade Centre program with worthwhile work experience, school-based traineeship opportunities, apprenticeships post school and improved QCE/QCIA outcomes;
- provide quality employees to support the Heavy Vehicle and the Transport/Logistics Industry which are predominant in the Inala/Ipswich area;
- address the skills shortage identified within the Heavy Vehicle and Transport/Logistics industry;
- support the increasing number of EALD students enrolled at Glenala with employment outcomes post school;
- provide students with a Certificate II/III level qualification in a simulated environment;
- encourage female and Indigenous students to take up career pathways in Heavy Vehicle and the Supply Chain Industry; and
- support disadvantaged youth from the Inala area in securing employment.
We have strong links with our industry partners who help support our students and offer work experience and placements.
- Tafe QLD
- Heavy Vehicles Industry Australia
- GM Poles
- Mater Education
- QLD Mineral Energy Academy
- Gateway in Schools Program
The qualifications offered through the Trade Centre are:
A huge boost to the Glenala Trade Skills Centre was unveiled in October 2020, with Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announcing $2.25 million to upgrade the existing Glenala Trade Skills Centre. According to Premier Palaszuczuk such initiatives will “boost schools' capacity to prepare students for the jobs of the future". The funding will provide extra training facilities for the Heavy and Military vehicle employment training.