Glenala State High School Principal
I am very proud and honoured to be Glenala State High School's Principal. I lead a team of very talented and committed teaching and non- teaching staff who are dedicated to ensuring our students experience high quality teaching as well as providing a supportive learning environment. Glenala State High School offers students the opportunity to excel academically, culturally, in service to others and on the sporting fields. We take pride in our physical environment with beautiful grounds and modern, well maintained and equipped classrooms. Our school is growing with a current enrolment of 900+ students in 2021 and 125 staff work at the school.
In 2019 the school conducted a quadrennial school review to set direction for the next four years. Three main priority areas were identified and time frames, strategies and targets set. These three areas are:
- Achievement – at and beyond society expectations with an emphasis on high yielding teaching and learning strategies, an unrelenting focus on continual improvement and a strong belief that every student can learn and achieve.
- Community - we value and seek to further strengthen our partnerships with our families, local and broader community. We believe we are the best choice for secondary education for our local families.
- Engagement – learning is key to a positive future and we are determined to engage our students and community in our motto 'Believe and Achieve'.
The school community is keen to enact these priorities to ensure further positive outcomes for Glenala State High School's students.
Other areas that make GSHS a great choice for your young person high school education include:
- Dedicated staff who are committed to knowing each student and assisting them with their academic progress to ensure a positive pathway post school.
- Opportunities for students – eSTEAM, sports, the Arts, Glenala Trade Skills Centre, leadership and service to the school and community.
- Dedicated afterschool Homework Club
- Active and supportive community partnerships – Minter Ellison Law firm, QLD Mineral Energy Academy, Mater Education, Heavy Vehicles Industry Australia, Scania, Peabody Energy, Gateway in Schools Program and a number of universities to name a few.
- Support for students – extensive student services team and student centred structures ensures individual attention. This includes Pasifika, Vietnamese & African Liaison Officers and an Indigenous Community Education Counsellor.
- Excellent facilities and pleasant, well maintained grounds conducive to learning.
If you would like to know more about our school please do not hesitate to contact the school on 3877 4222.