In 2021, Glenala State High School launched an International Business Program for Year 7 students. This program will align with ACARA Australian Curriculum for Humanities (HASS) and have a future focus of building student capacity to study a range of business subjects in Years 11 & 12.
Our Vision is to create innovative and adaptable entrepreneurs of tomorrow, today. We aim to encourage and develop our students' knowledge and, whilst embodying the core values of Respect and Responsibility, Commitment to Learning, Pride and Perseverance.
In an ever-changing society with demands to adapt, our International Business Program aims to enrich our students' futures through unlocking their entrepreneurial potential. To achieve this, our program embodies 21st century learners to collaborate, innovate and create whilst exploring the vast world of business.
Glenala State High School’s International Business Program has a partnership with The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) and International law firm, Minter Ellison. International Business students will work closely with USQ and Minter Ellison to develop and harness our student’s business skills and potential. Students who successfully complete the International Business Program and continue relevant Years 10 to 12 studies gain entry into the USQ Bachelor of Business program.
Aim of the Academy
- Building student capacity and knowledge of 21st Century Skills to improve student educational outcomes and employment opportunities
- Instil the importance and values of Leadership, Teamwork and Resilience
- Creating leaders and entrepreneurs for the future capable of excelling in the dynamic world of international business
Entry Requirements and Acceptance
As part of the International Business Program, Students will study History, Civics and Citizenship, Business, Geography and LOTE (Vietnamese). Students who wish to be considered for the International Business Program must
- Students must have a "C" or above in English, Maths and HASS in their most recent report card
- Students must have a "Very good" or better in Effort and Behaviour in their most recent report card
- Complete the attached EOI form and email to email@example.com